My son brought head lice from school on Friday. I scoured the internet and the shops looking for natural head lice treatment.
The headlice treatment sold in shops is so toxic, I was shocked it was allowed to be put on a child’s head. Almost all lice treatment products contained isopropanol, that’s wood alcohol.
Not only does it dry out the skin, but it also gets into the bloodstream and can cause cancers. Some products even contained pyrithrone! This is the stuff that kills cockroaches. It is highly carcinogenic and has been known to cause terrible psoriasis.
So here is the natural head lice treatment that worked in less than a day.
Head lice treatment Recipe - Ingredients
- apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil
- spray bottle / pump bottle
- metalhead lice comb (preferably with two rows of teeth)
- one nit ridden child
Head Lice Treatment - Procedure
- Put apple cider vinegar into a pump bottle. Soak the children sculp with it. Be careful not to get it into the eyes. If they have been scratching their heads, the vinegar will sting, but not for long.
- Do not wash out the vinegar, just let it dry on the hair. You kid will smell like salad dressing for an hour, but so what? The vinegar will dissolve the sticky glue that the nits use to stick to the scalp.
- Once the vinegar is nearly dry, thoroughly soak the hair and scalp with coconut oil. Make sure they’re wearing an old shirt and keep them away from furniture. Leave the coconut oil on for about 8 hours. This seems like a long time, but it takes that long to suffocate the critters.
- Wash child’s hair with your regular shampoo.
- Use the metal head lice comb to remove the dead lice and eggs.
Alternative Head Lice Treatment Procedure
If you don’t have 8 hours to do this treatment after the apple cider vinegar apply some very gluggy hair conditioner to the entire head.
Use the metal head lice comb and comb through sections of hair to remove the lice and eggs. This method required much more work, so I still prefer the above.